(Senior) Category Manager (m/f/d)
- DE Wermelskirchen OBI SSC
In OBI Category Management & Partnering you start as an entrepreneur within the company: we are looking for highly motivated colleagues (m/f/d) for various assortment categories who want to take on broad responsibility for the success of OBI.
We have set ourselves ambitious growth plans for the next few years and at the same time we consistently drive the digital transformation. In category management – as a commercial key-pillar, it is important to further strengthen the core business and, at the same time, to explore new paths.
In the mindset of our Everything is doable DNA, we are looking for you! Become part of OBI's transformation into a modern X-channel retailer and actively shape our future.
Our team looks forward to seeing you!
- You see yourself as an entrepreneur within the company with responsibility for your category(s) with regards to sales, profit, inventory and customer satisfaction
- You keep an eye on the long-term development of your categories, but you also can jump into the relevant details hands-on at any time
- You are responsible for all product range decisions in your assortment category across all channels (stationary, eCommerce and Click & Collect) as well as OBI corporate countries
- You optimize your product range based on customer needs and independently conduct market, competition and price analyses
- You manage and develop your supplier relationships and negotiate purchase prices and conditions, product ranges, availability and service levels
- You are/become a top expert in your product range and know trends, existing potential and market developments
- Of course, you use the (new) tools & reporting available and thus support your decisions in a data-driven manner
- You work intensively in cross-functional and international OBI teams
- The customer is always your focus and you make your category decisions with focus on our customer’s needs
- You enjoy taking on entrepreneurial responsibility - balancing sales, profit and inventory motivates you
- You firmly believe in the interaction of stationary and digital business and that a customer journey is no longer one-dimensional
- You enjoy managing supplier relationships and have a track-record in leading negotiations successfully
- You see data as an opportunity to make your decisions better
- You have no problem diving deep into details with a hands-on-mentality; Still, you always keep an eye on the big picture
- You are an action-driven team player and fit well into our everything is doable mindset
- You (have several years of) experience in category management or purchasing and enjoy shaping the transformation of OBI
- You have a successfully completed degree, fluent English skills, confident use of MS Office and a high degree of self-responsibility
Important to know
As part of your application for the OBI International Exchange Program, we conduct an English language test to prove your English skills.
Please complete this test, if possible, before submitting your application. You can easily upload the results in the application form or send them later via e-mail to the designated contact person.
Information: The introduction of the English test is only available in German but here we have an English translation.
The test will be 100% in English language.
Click here for the language test: stevens-english.de
Interested in our International Exchange Program?
Then apply now!
Expert Talent Acquisition